Thursday, April 28, 2022

Yard Work, Heads Visit

Saturday, we worked really hard in the yard and cleared out the dead sunflowers, fertilized, turned on the sprinklers, and took 2 loads of trash to the dump. (It was free!) Though the garden area looks nice, I still don't want to grow one. Instead, I decided to plant peas in a giant pot I found. James and I went out for lunch, which was really fun. I'd been craving hot and sour soup for a while.

We were able to watch most of stake conference before people came over for DnD. Samantha brought dinner this time, and it was delicious.

Monday, we hiked Moonshine Arch with Devin. He's coming every Monday and Friday for dinner since the rest of his family is in Mexico until late July.

I worked with Rex on Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday night, Melodie picked me up to go to dinner at the Thai place and then shopping. I got a bike, the first that's been actually mine since high school. I also got some sparkly sandals and gifts for kids' birthday parties coming up.

Though work wasn't too bad, it was a lot busier than it's been in the past. I tired to do some extra cleaning on Monday, but I haven't done laundry all week, which means 5 loads by tomorrow morning. I might cry a little. Laundry is still so boring. Going to work for 2 days always reminds me that I prefer being at home. When I do work (when all the kids are in school), it'll probably just be part time. There's no way I could keep up with the house with the a full time job.

Aside from biking, I'm hoping to add a new cooking challenge to my life:  homemade ice cream. I'm going to get an electric churn and do it right, no hasty soft serve. It helps that I've been getting free eggs and watching Good Eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment