Thursday, May 5, 2022

Biking, Projects

Saturday, Joseph and Kenny had a Spanish program. I think it went well. It was a real pain to make the cooking videos because I was really tired and stressed from the week, but we got it done. Kenny's even won for most likes.

For FHE on Monday, we took the kids to Naples Park and got ice cream sandwiches. It's funny how such a small thing can make them so happy.

I've been riding my bike as often as possible. My goal is to ride as far as I can 4 days a week, do 1 day of yard work, and take 2 days off. The first bike ride was incredibly painful. I bought a gel cover for my bike seat to make it tolerable, but it hurt a LOT for the first few days. I've already seen progress, though. I can ride all the way to the first turnoff where there's construction going on. Oh, and this is out on the dirt road by my house. It's uphill on the way out but downhill the entire way back, so I like that. I can push myself hard and then cruise on home when my legs give out. My next goal is to get to the cattle guard without stopping. After that, I'm hoping to make it all the way to a little grove of trees. I don't think I'll ever ride more than 45 minutes, maybe, but that depends on how much I like it.

I've been working on cutting up the fabric I got from Grandma Lee. I started by making a new flag for the pirate ship. I cut out a bunch of quilt squares already. Hopefully, I'll finish cutting things up tomorrow. I've set aside some fabric for small (still TBD) projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment