Thursday, May 26, 2022

Parties, Strawberries

Every time I sit down to talk about the past week, I can't remember anything at first.

I went to a baby shower on Saturday for a girl in the ward. We hosted a game night on Saturday and had lots of goodies. One of our people is leaving (getting a teaching job somewhere else.)

We had a busy Sunday at church. Katie gave a talk, Samantha said a prayer, and we subbed for Kenny's class. Everything went well. After church, we finished playing the last scenario in Catan: Traders and Barbarians. It wasn't quite as fun as the one before, but it wasn't bad.

Kenny went to yet another birthday party on Monday. We went fossil hunting for FHE and had homemade strawberry ice cream, which was incredible. I'd gotten 10 lbs. of strawberries and made sorbet, ice cream, and then jam, which I took to my ministering families along with some homemade bread. I didn't get as much jam as I'd hoped, but it turned out nice and thick without being super sweet. In other words, it's delicious, and we have only a handful of strawberries left from the original 10 lbs.

Tuesday, Samantha was invited to play with her friend from church, Blakely, who just turned 4. They are so cute together. We had some fries at McDonald's, and the girls had a fun time playing on the playground.

James and I watched a movie (The Mummy) and had some snacks.  It wasn't nearly as good as I remembered. Today, we're going to the temple together for the first time in a while.

I got some dry lube for my bike and tinkered with the brake so it doesn't stick anymore. It doesn't shift perfectly, especially on the front, but it works well enough to keep riding safely. I wish I knew what I was doing, really, so I could replicate it in the future. So far, all my experience with bikes has been through YouTube and trial and error.

No comments:

Post a Comment