Thursday, May 19, 2022

Biking, Reception, Summer Goals

It's funny how summer kind of sneaks up on me every year. A few of my bike rides have been unbearably hot already. After a cold winter, I feel like 80 degrees is too warm. Once school is out, I plan to ride first thing in the morning. I haven't reached my goal of getting to the cattle guard without stopping, but I'm working on it. My bike needs lube because it's not shifting well and making some noise. I went down a rabbit hole this morning reading about it.

Our old babysitter Alyssa had a wedding reception on Tuesday. Despite the weather, it ended up being pretty fun. James had a work dinner, so he went later. I managed to keep the kids happy and get them to bed.

For FHE on Monday, we made some summer goals as a family. I'm already working on biking, which I hope to do 4x a week along with 1 day of yard work. I feel completely wiped out and even a little queasy after a 30-minute ride, so I don't feel like I should push myself harder than I already am. Honestly, it takes me an hour to feel normal again once I get home. I also have a goal to read all of the fiction books in our bookcase (which grows every time I go to D.I.). So far, so good. My cooking goal is making homemade ice cream once a week. We made blueberry and peanut butter cup last week, both of which were delicious.

As for the kids, I'm hoping to get them in a habit of brushing their teeth without having to remind them. We're also going to do more cooking lessons. I hope to have the 3 older kids cooking breakfast and lunch every day and helping with dinner prep. I'd like for Lewis to learn to ride a bike, but we'll see. The older kids also want to learn to swim. With all the travel we'll be doing, it's going to be a really busy summer. I hope we can accomplish all these goals as well. The years are flying by. I almost have a 12-year-old!

No comments:

Post a Comment