Thursday, May 12, 2022

Mother's Day, Ice Cream

Saturday morning, I got the best present ever. James took all the kids out from several hours. I cooked and watched TV in a silent, clean house. We went to a wedding reception that night, which was nice. The kids stayed home, cleaned up, and showered, so it was pretty easy to get ready for DND.

Sunday was nice too. I did very few dishes, got a cookie from church, and got little presents from each of the kids. James got me an electric ice cream churn, which I'm happy to say I've used twice already. We made a batch of vanilla, then chocolate, which is now hardening in the freezer. The vanilla was excellent, and I think the chocolate will be as well. So far, I've tried Alton Brown recipes that use eggs. The churn came with a bunch of recipes as well, so I have a list of 20 or so that I want to try. Not all are ice cream; there are recipes for sorbet, frozen yogurt, and gelato as well. I calculated the cost of a pint to be between $1 and $1.35, depending on if I get free eggs or not.

Everyone is ready for school to be over. 2 weeks and 1 day left!

No comments:

Post a Comment