Thursday, June 16, 2022

Head Family Reunion, Mara's Visit, Huntsman

It's been a crazy busy summer so far. We left on Friday, June 3rd, for Rexburg and arrived around 11:30 P.M. since James had been at work all day. The next morning, he left at 6 A.M. to work with his dad in Jackson Hole. I was supposed to, but I felt pretty crummy due to a lack of sleep and lots of cramps. Saturday was a good day, though. The cousins came over, and I finally went to a little restaurant that everyone else in my family had already been to. (Fried pies, yum!) I had a mini breakdown later on when I realized the girls would have to sleep on our floor, but I otherwise survived. I miss the apartment upstairs SO MUCH.

Sam and Jesse blessed their baby, Therese, on Sunday. By some miracle, we all made it to church at 8:30. We had brunch at their house afterward and spent several hours just hanging out.

Monday, we packed up and went to the reunion in Albion. We first made a stop at Costco for breakfast items. The frozen waffles and yogurt cups were a big hit with the kids this year.

Tuesday and Wednesday were fun days with lots of hanging out and talking, swimming, the candy toss, the auction, delicious meals, and trying not the lose the little kids. There was an exercise class and a couple classes about anxiety, which were really good. Rex brought the goats, and one of them gave birth while we were there. By Thursday, I was definitely ready to go home. Sleeping on a double bed and in a room with all the kids is bad for my back and sanity.

We left Albion and met Mara for lunch and the zoo in Salt Lake. We made it back to Vernal that evening, just in time to get everyone to bed.

Friday was a catchup day with tons of laundry, cleaning, and grocery shopping. We tried to go see Jurassic World, but it was sold out, so we got shaved ice instead.

Saturday, Mara and I went to the thrift stores, got lunch at Cafe Rio, and then met James for the movie since we'd bought tickets the day before. I really enjoyed it, even though it's getting a bunch of hate online. We had dinner and played a couple of board games.

Sunday was pretty relaxing once I'd done my lesson. (I'd forgotten to prepare till Friday, but I think it turned out okay.) James left for his Huntsman seminar (program? I don't know.) in the afternoon.

Mara left Monday afternoon. Since then, we've been catching up on TV shows and reading a lot. Kenny had an activity and Joseph went to the temple. Today, I'm going to the dentist and then running a few errands while the younger 4 kids are at a Primary activity. After that, we will probably just take it easy.

James has been enjoying his week in SLC learning about the inner workings of our state government. (He gets back on Friday around dinner time.) He applied for this program a while back and found out he got in only a month ago. They pay for the hotel and lunch, so he just has to find things to do after 4 P.M. and buy dinner. So far, he's gone to Cabela's, dinner with Kenneth, and IKEA. The days have been all right, but we really miss him and can't wait for him to come back. We have not yet had a "regular" summer day with everyone at home.

My foot hurt again after biking, but for less time, so I think I need to bike only 2x a week and do other stuff the other days. That's all right because it's really hot and I don't think there will be more than 2 nice days a week.

I have enough ice cream recipes to take us through the end of the year, thanks to a Jeni's book that Sam and Jesse let me borrow. :) Some of the flavor combos look a little weird, but I'm really excited to keep on making ice cream every week. We loved the Roasted Strawberry and Buttermilk recipe. Next up: cookies and cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment