Thursday, June 23, 2022

Heads Visit, Rock Springs

James returned Friday around dinnertime, and we were so happy to see him. It was a rough day where I kind of wanted to ignore everyone and just read.

Saturday, we had the Murrays over for dinner. Everyone had a good time, and I even made some cookies and cream ice cream. We somehow found time earlier in the day to set up our new bookcase! It's now for middle grade (jr. fiction) so it will be easy for the kids to know what they can read. I bought bookends to make everything look extra nice.

Monday, we played DND since it was the only real day available.

Tuesday, James's parents and Joseph arrived around dinnertime. We hung out the rest of the evening and also had dark chocolate mint Oreo ice cream I made. It's my favorite so far!

I worked with Rex on Wednesday, and it was super busy. I filed 2 days' worth of paperwork with a horribly slow computer. Though we only worked till 3ish, it felt a LOT longer. I hadn't gotten enough sleep the night before and felt pretty yucky (mentally) for the rest of the day. James, Melodie, Joseph, and the kids went to Fantasy Canyon and the wildlife refuge. We had some pizza for dinner once everyone was back.

Today, we drove the kids to Rock Springs and switched cars with Rex and Melodie after lunch. They are all headed to Rexburg and should get there soon. James and I explored a little of downtown Rock Springs and all its thrift stores. I found a winter coat that will hopefully fit Joseph and some more books, of course.

The house will be weird, clean, and quiet without the kids here. We leave Saturday for SLC and will get to Rexburg on Tuesday.

My foot is doing much better, but I can't exercise with any real intensity. My tailbone still aches from the reunion, but I now know what NOT to do (more exercise, massage) and what TO do (rest and ice). The back thing is a lovely remnant from pregnancy, but thankfully it doesn't act up much. Why do I feel so old?!

No comments:

Post a Comment