Thursday, August 11, 2022

More Projects

It's been another busy week, but we got A LOT done. Friday, we cleaned out the trailer and took 6 large bags of clothes to D.I. along with some area rugs we were never going to use again. You can actually walk into the trailer and find things now. It's so exciting!

Our yard has a few yellow spots, so the boys mowed and James treated for grubs. Overall, the lawn has done really well this year and stayed pretty lush and green. It's so much work to keep it healthy in this desert, but it's worth it to have soft grass for the kids to play on with their friends. The Boyles came over for a water fight in the afternoon and brought over 500 water balloons. We finished off our box of peaches with a delicious peach cobbler (and ice cream, though not homemade this time.)

Monday, James took the kids on an adventure so I could clean the carpets. I'm glad I started early because the power went out at 11 and didn't come on till 4. Thankfully, I'd finished cleaning and was just working on the drying. Though there was no power, it was a hot, dry, somewhat breezy day, so the carpets dried fine and we got everything put back together in time for Summerween. The boys carved a jack-o-melon, and we catapulted candy into the yard after eating hot dogs with the Purcell kids and Boyles.

Tuesday, I took Katie and Lewis to get shoes and do grocery pickup. I'm really glad I got all the other clothes online. I really don't like shopping for clothes in person.

I met James for a lunch date yesterday, which was fun.

I've been working on new ice cream flavors. This week's was banoffee (banana ice cream with graham cracker crumbs, toffee bits, and dulce de leche.) I really like it, but I still like chocolate better. :) I've also been making lots of muffins for the kids to eat as snacks. We've liked most of them. It is kind of a bummer that in order to find the best recipes, you have to suffer through a lot that are only so-so.

James has been working the past 3 days, but I've had plenty to do around the house. Only one more big project left: deep cleaning and reorganizing the girls' room. Wish me luck on that one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment