Thursday, August 18, 2022

Rexburg Trip

James took Joseph and Lewis to Rexburg for 6 days. Things were okay while they were gone. On Friday, I organized the girls' room and set up a real bed for Samantha to make an L shape with Katie's loft bed. It gives the girls more storage space. Of course the room is trashed now, but it looked good at the time.

Saturday, I ran some errands in the morning with everyone. In the afternoon, I baked 3 kinds of muffins to freeze for later and a batch of cheese biscuits to go with dinner. It was really nice to bake and read while I was waiting on things. That was the highlight of this past week, unfortunately. Katie and Samantha started fighting more each day, and by Wednesday, I felt like I was going to lose my mind. It didn't help that I couldn't really leave. James had my babysitter with him.

Sunday was all right. My Relief Society lesson went well.

Monday was probably the worst day. We didn't go anywhere.

Tuesday night, we went to Denny's. It was nice not to have to cook. Our waiter was exceptional, and our meal wasn't that expensive since kids eat free. We had enough leftovers for breakfast, and I didn't even buy Samantha a meal.

James and the boys got home yesterday afternoon. Needless to say, I am extremely grateful. Their time away wasn't all bad. I read tons of books (to the point of getting bored), watched a couple of chick flicks, and didn't have to do too much cooking since all the people who eat a lot were gone. Both Katie and Kenny went to activities and had a great time. There just weren't enough projects or events to keep everyone happy, and I felt a little like a prisoner. James has off today, but his first official day is tomorrow, so we're going to be busy finishing up some last-minute things.

I can't believe school starts so soon: Wednesday for the 3 older kids and a week later for Lewis.

No comments:

Post a Comment