Thursday, August 25, 2022

Back to School

Since Thursday was the only day available, we went to the Uintah County fair and did the candy drop and Little Red Barn. We also looked around at booths and exhibits, all the free stuff.

Friday, James and Joseph left for a YM campout. I wasn't too happy about having them gone again, but I survived until they got back on Saturday around 1. Samantha had a preschool orientation at the library, so I sent the older kids off to play at the Lego table. It was fairly boring since I just did Upstart with Lewis last year.

Monday was Back to School Night. I miraculously found the supply lists and got everything we needed so we could drop it off while we were there. We met the teachers, found Joseph's classes at the middle school, and then ate pizza in the park and freshly churned ice cream at home. It was a pretty fun day.

Wednesday was the first official day of school. It went pretty well for everyone, even though one child had a meltdown upon arriving at home. Lewis doesn't have school until next Wednesday, but we took him in for Kindergarten testing and then went to the library. I finished my goal of reading all the fiction books in our library the day before school started!

I'm feeling pretty confident about the school year in general. I really like the teachers, and the kids seem to as well. I hope I can get used to waking up early. So far, it's slow progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment