Thursday, September 1, 2022

Dino-Soar, Nash, Kindergarten

School went all right last week, even Friday, which can sometimes be tricky. (The kids get bored and fight when they're all together sometimes.)

Friday, we did our first movie night in a while. I love having the cabin as a special place to do things like that.

Saturday, we went to the dinosaur museum party and the farmer's market by the library. It was part of Dino-Soar Days, which includes hot air balloons. Unfortunately, we missed the balloons. Nash unexpectedly came to visit for a couple of hours around dinnertime. It was great, so I didn't mind missing the balloons. There's always next year.

For FHE, we played some board games with the kids.

Tuesday, we celebrated Samantha's birthday a day early since we knew Wednesday would be crazy. My first cake, an angel food cake, was a failure. When I turned the pan over to cool it, it fell out and collapsed. I'm going to blame being really distracted at getting kids out the door for school. That ended up okay because I made actual shortcake, which I like a lot better. We had grits, eggs, and bacon for dinner and were joined by James's dad, who worked in Vernal Wednesday and Thursday. Samantha loved getting Katie's old Barbies for her main present and has played with them a lot since then.

Wednesday was also crazy. I did paperwork for Rex, and it took a lot longer than expected. Though my computer is a lot better than Anna's, my scanner is really slow, so it took me the same amount of time and frustration as it normally would. Hmph. Lewis had his first day of school, so I walked him to the bus stop and got him at 11:40, which ended up being 12. I was really hot and a little grouchy when we got back since I hadn't finished the paperwork. I thought it would take an hour, but it took 3. Now I know. I've agreed to do all 3 days' paperwork, which means 25 more stacks. I'm going to pace myself over the next few days.

The rest of Wednesday was good. I had a little time to relax. James brought home pizza for dinner, and we hung out until he and Joseph had to go to Mutual. The rest of the evening, I sat there in a stupor and watched TV. Haha.

The next few days, I have 12.5 hours of paperwork if all goes well. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment