Thursday, September 8, 2022

Paperwork, Packards, Labor Day, Shoes

I ended up finishing the paperwork for Rex in good time. It really ate up all my extra time so I couldn't read or spend time with Samantha. I'm so glad it's over now.

Saturday ended up being really boring. I hate it when I have a couple of days where I'm really stressed and too busy, but then I have a day where I'm super bored. I wish I could have the average of those days.

Sunday, we went to a get-together at the McClellans' for the Packards, who moved away 2 years ago to WY. It was really awesome to see them again. All the kids played together while we enjoyed some dessert.

Monday, Labor Day, ended up being too busy. We deep cleaned the cabin and added some more shelves by the big octagonal window. It took much longer than expected, but I got some reading done in between tasks. I'm glad we did it even though it was a huge pain. We went out to dinner, but that didn't go quite as planned. Denny's was super busy, so we ended up waiting an hour for our food. (When we did get it, we had no leftovers because we were SO hungry.) Kids' meals aren't free anymore either, so it was more expensive than planned. Oh well. It can be for special occasions from now on.

The rest of the week has been somewhat uneventful so far. Hurray! It's exactly what I wanted.

I'd been experiencing foot pain because I'm too old for cheap shoes. After doing a little research on flat feet, I bought some Dr. Scholl's shoes from Amazon for 50 bucks. So far, I love them, and my feet don't hurt anymore. I also haven't had any problems with lower back/sciatic pain either. It's crazy how much of a difference such a small change can make sometimes. When it's less hot, maybe I'll start biking again. It's been in the mid-upper 90's all week, not at all typical of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment