Thursday, May 16, 2024

Logan, Almost There

We had a wonderful trip to Logan. We left on Friday around 1:45. James actually came home from school a bit early and realized he had a fever, so I had a mini breakdown because I was worried about him. He took some meds and a little nap before we hit the road, and the fever never returned. I was a little tired during the weekend, but I finally feel like I'm 100% better. A few of the kids are coughing a tiny bit still. Our drive to Logan was uneventful. Dad had meetings in Salt Lake last week, so we met him for dinner at KFC in Bountiful with Nash. It was a really nice stop, and the rest of the drive to Logan during sunset was absolutely gorgeous. I don't know what I was expecting the city to look like, but I was blown away by how much bigger and greener it was than what I expected. We went swimming in the hotel pool, and the kids went to bed way too late.

Saturday, we went to the Pepperidge Farm outlet, Big Deal, Gossner's (a cheese factory), and Costco. We got enough snacks for our NC trip for very good prices. Then we went to the temple to wait for Elizabeth (James's cousin) and Spencer to come out. (They ran out of room in the sealing room, but that's all right.) After pictures, we went to a park on the USU campus to eat Costa Vida. The reception followed afterward at the art museum. We took the kids swimming again and gratefully retired for a better night of sleep than the one before. (The girls' coughing kept me up a lot.)

Sunday morning, we quickly got ready and attended a 9:00 Sacrament meeting in town, finished packing up, and drove home, which was uneventful. James got me a bunch of random snacks for Mother's Day. We got home around 3:30 and got everything unpacked and cleaned up (mostly).

I'm glad for the time I've had to recover this week. It was also really good to take the van on a "test trip" before we drive it cross country. There were no problems, but I noticed that it's leaking a tiny bit of something (oil, maybe?) on the driveway, but we have plenty of time to get it fixed before we leave. The Yukon is currently at the shop for a few weird noises it's making, but after talking to Dad, they are probably nothing to worry about, just a sign of its age. Either way, it needs a new seatbelt in the front since it constantly locks up, which is really annoying. Yes, it's been quite a saga with the cars, but we should have them all fixed up within the next week and then not have to worry about them again for a while, I hope.

School is almost done for the year! One week and one day to go! I can't even express how excited I am for this. Of course I'm excited about our trips, but I also look forward to sleeping in and really enjoying the nice weather. I enjoy the time in between trips as much as the trips themselves because we get to do small outdoor adventures in our area, work on projects, and keep a more relaxed schedule. Bring on summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment