Thursday, May 2, 2024

Meh, Wins

It's been one of those weeks that feels like it's dragging on forever. We took the Yukon in last week the get the regular tires on, and a few days later, I noticed it had a flat. James took it in, and it needed a new tire. I wish they could've figured that out before we had to spend another few hours worrying about it. We took the van to the shop yesterday for maintenance and will pick it up today. That makes 5 car-related trips into town in the past week. Ugh.

I've been reviewing Spanish by doing 20 pages a day in James's old college textbook. So far, so good. I've mostly forgotten some vocabulary, but I remember all the grammar stuff so far. I'm trying to do the reading parts out loud so I won't get too tongue-tied when we're in Ecuador later this summer.

I have a presidency meeting today, and I'm worried that I'll end up with a giant to-do list of stuff I've been neglecting. I'm excited to go to a baptism on Saturday, though. They are always special.

The weather hasn't been great either. It's windy, cold, and cloudy with only a few moments of sunshine. I hope the nice weather comes back soon.

There have been some wins, though. 4 of 5 kids needed new shoes (some more than 1 pair). We started at D.I. and got 6 pairs of shoes, 2 of them Nikes, for less than 20 bucks. We found the remaining ones at Walmart for not too much. My total cost per pair of shoes was about 5 bucks. A few days later, Lewis said he needed church shoes, so we pulled out the hand-me-downs from the trailer and found the next size up for him, no trip to the store needed. I'll give it about 2 months before someone needs shoes again, but at least for now, everyone is good.

Things are not terrible, really, just boring right now. The trip to D.C. was so fast-paced and exciting that it made regular life look like a drag in comparison. That's okay, though. We're going on a little trip to see James's cousin get married in the Logan temple next weekend. Though I've lived in Utah for 12 years, I've never had a reason to go to Logan until now. I'm excited to see a new city that I've heard so much about. It will also be great to see everyone since the whole Lee side will be gathered and we won't see the Heads again till July.

No comments:

Post a Comment