Thursday, September 12, 2024

Down, Busy

For the past week and a half, the internet has been down somewhat. Our download speed was okay, but our upload speed was horrible, like .01 mbps. That meant we could watch TV okay most of the time, but trying to do any online shopping or uploading photos was either horribly slow or impossible. It really bothered me because I wanted to finish uploading some pictures to FamilySearch, but I couldn't without it timing out. I just finished today when I noticed the internet was finally working again. I'm officially done with all the old pictures. All I have left from my parents' house are 9 cassette tapes, most of which won't have anything special on them. I have the software ready to go to convert them to digital. I did cry when I had to re-set up the printer. It took me 3 hours and felt like such a huge waste of time.

James and I went to see the movie Reagan last Thursday. I liked it, but I'm not sure how much of it was true. I wasn't there when he was president. ;)

Katie started doing basketball 1-2 times a week. It's been a little crazy to add that in to what we already have, but she seems to like it so far. Joseph is in the robotics and e-sports clubs at school.

Saturday, I wasn't feeling super motivated to do anything, so I set a timer to work on sewing for an hour. I ended up spending 3 hours cutting up scraps, doing repairs, and organizing all my supplies. I need some tan thread to finish up 2 more hems, and then I'm done for a while. Sewing will never be my first love, but I appreciate it a lot more than I did 15 years ago.

We cleaned the church on Monday, and then James had a meeting afterward. Tuesday and Wednesday were both busy with activities for kids, and then I messed up our Wednesday evening a little by thinking we had tithing declaration when it was scheduled for a week later. Oops. I felt really bad, but it's not like I did it on purpose.

James and I have both been kind of tired since school started. The kids have already brought home 2 viruses, and it seems like we catch them all, even if the symptoms end up being mild. I hope this winter is better than the last few. I just don't recover from stuff as quickly as I used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment