Thursday, September 5, 2024

Samantha's 6th Birthday, Labor Day

Samantha and I went to a play date on Friday, so that was nice. It's so hard to keep up with friends. Someone is always sick or busy. Samantha's birthday was nice. We had breakfast for dinner, strawberry ice cream, and strawberry shortcake. She loved her giant squishmallow, which was the main present.

We've been thinking about putting in a back door that would lead right to the patio. I thought it would be pretty straightforward, but we need an unusual size of door. Lowe's couldn't help and neither could Amazon, so we got a quote from a local place. I asked them a few follow up questions about it, so I hope they get back to me soon. We're still not sure if we'll be doing it or not. The quote with labor and glass included is outside of the budget we set.

We had a good Labor Day. For me, the perfect Saturday or holiday involves a small project, a meal out with James, and some time to relax. We accomplished just that by getting breakfast at Denny's, buying a cozy rug for the cabin (and getting rid of the big freezer), and then relaxing. We also watched Newsies with the kids.

It's been a pretty normal week. I scanned all the slides for the Heads and found some amazing pictures from 1996 when James went to Mexico and Ecuador. I'd assumed that these were the same pictures as prints from that year, but I was wrong, so I'm glad I took the time to scan them all. I finished a bunch of old pictures from my parents' house, and now I'm working on photos old enough that they're going straight to Family Search.

It's September, so I feel like it's officially fall. We've had some cooler evenings and haven't had to use the AC too much. I made my first batch of pumpkin muffins (one of the only pumpkin things I actually like) and some bread. My schedule right now is full enough that I haven't had time to get bored, and Katie starts basketball today, so that's new.

No comments:

Post a Comment