Thursday, August 29, 2024

Painting, Lonely Weekend

I ended up painting the small bathroom completely on Friday, which was awesome. I love how the color turned out too. I had just enough time in between to drop the boys off for their campout and take dinner to the missionaries. James left for his "boys weekend" with Kenneth, Sam, and Nick in Salt Lake. I stayed busy enough on Friday that I didn't feel too lonely and had no problems sleeping.

Saturday, I touched up the paint and scrubbed the bathroom in the afternoon. While the paint finished drying, I took the 3 younger kids to Dino Soar Days. We looked at the farmer's market, got cookies, and went to the dinosaur museum since it was free admission. It was a little crazy and busy, but I think the kids had fun. I picked up the boys, and we didn't do much for the rest of the day. Things went a little downhill at that point and just weren't fun.

Sunday went all right, even though I ended up teaching a class last minute. James got home safely from his fun weekend. I had a mini breakdown because I don't know how to deal with the Sunday scaries yet and the school year is still new.

Monday, we overscheduled ourselves a little too much by cleaning our closet. It was a bigger job than expected. The new shelf for the bathroom came, so Kenny put that together for me. All that Lego-building has paid off.

I volunteered for the first time in Mrs. Batty's class this year, and it went great. I'll be there Tuesday afternoons.

I'm also trying to get to the temple once a week (on Wednesdays). So far, so good.

Today, I made whole wheat bread and pressure canned chipotle beef. For our date, we're doing sealings at the temple and getting dinner afterward.

I like my schedule this year so far. I hope everyone can stay healthy so I can stick to it. I haven't had time to get bored yet, either. I scanned some old pictures from NC and hope to finish that next week. Many are going to go on FamilySearch as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment