Thursday, August 22, 2024

1st Week of School

Back to school night went well, and all the kids are excited about their teachers. I'm also glad I went to the Relief Society activity afterward. It was relaxing to spend time with the ladies in my ward and eat s'mores.

Friday, we did a play date with Navy. Kenny had a party that night at a friend's house. I never did invite any friends over who'd invited us during the summer. I was too tired in between trips to want to be social.

Saturday, I slept a ton but woke up still tired and discovered that the fridge had broken. It was the last standing appliance from when we bought the house, and I believe it was 25 years old. James and I didn't agree at first on which one we should get, but we finally agreed on one and had it delivered on Monday. That was a ton of work, and it put a damper on the whole weekend. Thanks to fridge stuff, we didn't end up going to the fair since there just wasn't any time. Ugh. I'm glad the freezer outside was mostly empty (the emptiest in a year) so we could shift things around and use coolers. It was still a huge pain, but I'm glad it didn't happen while we were gone on a long trip. That was a tender mercy.

So Monday was long. Katie went to a party that night with friends. School started Tuesday, and no one wanted me at the bus stop, but I got some pictures before they left. After my usual stuff, I went to a funeral for a man in our ward. It's one of the best funerals I've been to, and there have been A LOT in the past year.

Wednesday, I went to the temple and then Lowe's to get stuff for painting the small bathroom. I was really tired during the afternoon, so we decided to take the kids out for pizza in the park. It was windy, there were wasps, and the kids were whiny, so it didn't last long. I hope they get used to the school schedule soon.

Today, I made chicken stew and pressure canned it, made bread, and started prepping the small bathroom for paint tomorrow and Saturday. I plan to have it done by Saturday night and put back together completely on Monday. At some point in the near future, I'll also do the master bathroom, at least the walls. If the cabinet turns out good for the small bathroom, I'll also do all the cabinets. I have my doubts since it's old, crappy, laminate, but I've done my research and gotten good quality supplies, so we'll see. If I feel confident enough on cabinets, I might even do the kitchen, but that's not happening this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment