Thursday, September 19, 2024

A Great Fall

We went to our ward's harvest dinner last Thursday, but I wasn't feeling amazing after eating, so we went home after only an hour. I won't feel bad about it either. Sometimes, parties are just too dang long.

We did playdates on both Friday and Saturday (Navy, Blakely) because it felt really important to see everyone. I'm really glad I did both. It was really good to see my friends and remember, once again, that I'm not the only one struggling through mom life.

We started our fall movie marathon on Saturday evening. We're doing Marvel this year, our 9 favorites, and then all the Spiderman movies after, a total of 19 movies. I don't care if it's silly, but it makes me excited for fall. I love that the older boys like the same fandoms that James and I do.

The kids had a lockdown at school (no one was hurt) on Tuesday so I didn't volunteer, and the temple is closed, so the past few days have been kind of quiet. I used that time to finish my digitizing project, including sharing links with relatives for pictures, videos, audio, etc. It feels really good to have that done, just in time to paint the master bathroom next week. It'll be a little more work than the small bathroom, but it won't be so claustrophobic either.

James and I did our date last night. We got some burgers and ran a few errands. This afternoon, we're going to a community carnival.

I've been reading a book called Introvert Power, and I'm really grateful James got it for me. It's been enlightening. I have noticed that since school started, I've been feeling a lot more peaceful at home since I have a lot of time to myself. I've been able to reflect on lots of things and make some small tweaks to my schedule to make it work better and get more done. I don't know what the future holds, but I'm happy to be here at home right now.

I'm not happy about it being cold enough to wear socks for most of the day. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment