Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Stuff I've Seen Recently

I realized that I don't do much updating on the stuff I've done for dates! James and I both love movies and plays, so here are the ones I/we saw recently.

Harry Potter 7! Wow, it was JUST like the book, minus a few small details. I could have done without the smoky people scene, but it was a spectacular movie that left me feeling like the characters did. Can't wait for Part 2!

The Marriage of Figaro (play) We saw this on campus and really enjoyed it. I can't believe how different it is to watch an opera compared to even a plain old musical. Wow. It takes a lot of skill to make 3 people sing in harmony and have their words all rhyme. Mozart was a genius. The story was really interesting and funny too.

Actor's Worst Nightmare (play) It was weird. Really. It also ended very abruptly. There were funny parts, but I felt like I was missing out on something, because I didn't get a lot of the references to other plays. Oh well. We got cheesecake.

Oklahoma (movie) I love the music! I've heard a lot of it before. Musicals are very enjoyable, I think. I've liked most of the ones I've seen, as long as they aren't obscene (like Chicago--never watch that one!). It's really funny to see how much technology has changed over the last 50 years. One thing I don't like about OK--that hired hand sure is a creep!

No comments:

Post a Comment