Friday, December 3, 2010

Inadequacy

Being a mom seems like an easy job from the outside. It's a job often done without any prior training. It would seem that, like any other job, all that is required is to check off a list of things to do.


I love my little guy!
Every day, I realize a little more how untrue that is. Some days, even when I finish my mental checklist, I still feel that I'm not doing enough to take care of Joseph. The last few days have been especially difficult, and I don't really know why. Every little thing kept getting on my nerves. It wasn't anyone else's fault that I was grouchy. However, gloomy weather and lack of sleep never help things much...


This month has been a little tough because I am once again waiting for something. I found reassurance through a quote from Elder Scott, "If you have determined to live righteously, don’t become discouraged. Life may seem difficult now, but hold on tightly to that iron rod of truth. You are making better progress than you realize. Your struggles are defining character, discipline, and confidence in the promises of your Father in Heaven and the Savior as you consistently obey Their commandments. May the Holy Ghost prompt you to always make decisions that fortify your character and yield much joy and happiness." 


No sooner had I read that, when I received a phone call that said my lovely refund check is ready and I can come pick it up! Not being able to earn money with a paying job make me feel so inadequate sometimes, especially when our bank account gets low. The Lord knows me so well, though. Every time that I feel I've had enough (and then a little more), I finally come to terms with my life not being perfect. Then, not 5 minutes later, something like this happens. Hopefully, I will remember in the future to be at peace when trials come--not fight against them!

No comments:

Post a Comment