Friday, March 16, 2012

So Close...

James worked extra hard this week to get his teacher work sample done. Yes, he's down to the last week of student teaching! He has officially gotten a job at the night school as a security guy, so now he just needs to find an additional job for summer, and then a "real" job for fall. For some reason, I just don't feel too worried. I'd love to stay here, but it's still pretty likely that we'll move in August, even if just to Boise. Timing is a funny thing. James is covered by the school's insurance until April 16th. Phew! That means I'm definitely taken care of, even if I'm overdue. I can't help but feel that this baby is coming at a perfect time. The same was true for Joseph, and he's been such a delight for the last almost 2 years.

On a different note, I've been studying up on vegetarianism before I embark on my "experiment" next month. What I've read confirms what I already know: a healthy diet with a variety of plant foods really doesn't need many animal products. Even by considering myself "vegetarian" for a month, I'm sure there will be days when I exceed 5% of my caloric intake from animal products. Yeah, I like cheese. For the most part, I don't think that I'll miss the meat all that much. I rarely eat any before dinner, and it's not like those meals seem to be missing anything. The idea doesn't seem as crazy as I originally thought. It's a big motivation to do it, because meat gives me indigestion and heartburn more than anything else right now! Sugar would too, if I were eating any.

On another random note, I figured out a system for not reading the same children's books over and over. Joseph has about 50 books, so I divided them up into 3 bags. Each weeek, I can rotate which group of books we read. 15 books is plenty for a week, and he doesn't really miss the ones that are put away. It also means 1/3 of the mess to clean up, because Joseph tends to be a little overzealous in pulling books off the shelf. I love reading time and seeing how much Joseph learns. He's a little sponge. Still, It's nice to get a 2-week break from each book that I've already read about 50 times. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment