Saturday, March 3, 2012

Recycle Time!

Since I couldn't resist getting out all the cute little baby clothes this week, I decided to sort through them to get rid of anything stained or otherwise useless. What I came up with were 6 really gross, old onesies that were size 18 mos. Joseph never wears them at this age, and even if he did, these onesies were hand-me-downs and hopelessly stained from his uncle's messy baby food spills. I also found an old, thin, plastic crib pad (not sure what to call it). A stroke of genius happened and the toddler shoe organizer was born. Not only did I use up the bottom half (or the less stained half!) of the onesies and the pad, I also found a use for my growing collection of yo-yo flowers and ribbon. This is a great way to keep track of all the shoes that Joseph doesn't currently wear without having them on some shelf where he can pull them off and make a mess. James asked me if I found it on Pinterest. I didn't, because the only "recycling onesies" crafts I can find are with onesies that still look pretty good (adding appliques, etc.). Yes, I only have boys so far, but hey, at least the flowers are boy colors...sort of.

1 comment: