Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What a Week!

So far, at least.

I've been doing some last-minute (though not really) preparations for the baby. Yesterday, I cooked all morning and completely wore myself out with yogurt, 2 batches of bread, restocking the pancake mix, soaking and cooking beans to freeze, and then realizing that I needed to actually make something for lunch. Black bean soup is to die for! I'm excited to be eating it again today. By the end of yesterday, I didn't want to do any more dishes.

We had a good St. Patrick's Day. I made corned beef and cabbage, which is amazingly simple in the crock pot. I didn't wear green since I don't have any, but luckily I only got pinched once.

We went to Boise on Saturday to check out the Asian store. I've been craving some Thai red curry and spring rolls, but I don't usually like to go somewhere special to buy ingredients. Since it's my birthday this weekend, I decided to splurge and get the ingredients I needed. :) It actually wasn't that expensive.

James and I have been called to teach the 12-year-old Sunday school class. So far, so good. There was only one kid there on Sunday, but there are supposed to be more. It's a lot easier than teaching last year, since Jojo is in nursery and we are only responsible for the one hour. I'm glad, because I love going to Relief Society. I was able to go visiting teaching on Sunday as well, and it was really nice to meet all the women I teach. My companion is really interesting, and it turns out that she homeschools her kids! How do I keep running into these people? :)

I had my hopefully next-to-last dr. appointment today. I am very excited to say that I'm at 2 cm and 50%. That is a huge improvement over my first pregnancy. I didn't get to a 2 until about 15 hours of labor and after the epidural. No joke. If I shave off 15 hours, then that means I will only be in labor for 12 this time! That would be awesome. I guess we'll see.

James has a job fair in Utah on Wed., so I hope nothing crazy happens. He's doing it in one day, so I'm helping him out by getting his teacher work sample polished. I also gave him a haircut last night. Hurray! It only took an hour. Haircuts really aren't too bad. I think I'm going to wait till Mom gets here to hold down Joseph for his.

I can't believe how close I am to the end.

5 comments:

  1. Sacha! I am so excited for you! The second pregnancy goes by super fast doesn't it? Good luck to James at the job fair. That is where I found my teaching job so it was really successful for me and I hope the same goes for James. Good luck with all that is coming soon. You will do great! Love your cousin,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! Though I haven't seen you in forever, I'm so glad to be updated about your cute little boys. I can't believe how big they're getting!

      Delete
  2. Where did you get your black bean soup recipe? I had never really cared for bean soup until I made the one from our best bites - oh my gosh, I was practically licking the bowl!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I looked up the one from Our Best Bites, because you mentioned it somewhere and I definitely trust your opinion on good recipes. Love it! It's super cheap as well. I've been meaning to ask: what other kinds of beans do you like? I've only really played around with black, chickpeas, pintos, and white. Do you like lentils? Thinking about food storage...

      Delete