Monday, March 26, 2012

2 Dozen Years

Yep, I'm now 24, as of yesterday. It's not quite exciting as it used to be to have birthdays, but they're nice. We celebrated the whole weekend, sort of.

Friday, we went to Chick-fil-A on BSU's campus. It was delicious, as always. Joseph had never eaten there, but he loved the fries. We got there just before they closed. They weren't even going to be open on Saturday. We then drove up Table Rock in Boise for a gorgeous view of the Treasure Valley. It's been so beautiful here recently. Spring has sprung!

Saturday, I opened my presents after eating a yummy breakfast that James made. I got some more good books, some exercise videos (which means I have 10 now...enough for 2 weeks!), and a sweet new blender/food processor. I never realized how much I hated my old one until I started using this one. Basically, it's a lot easier to clean, has 3 sets of blades instead of 1 tiny pair of blades in the bottom, and can make a smoothie in 30 seconds. The amazing thing is that it's not technically more powerful by a whole lot, but it's designed a whole lot better. The canister is completely circular, so it won't be so hard to scrape down the sides. No more lame, runny hummus either! I'm excited. I also love the name: Ninja.

I was feeling pretty tired, so we relaxed most of the day, went on a walk, and then went to see the Hunger Games! We got in for (almost) free, because James got vouchers for free movie tickets. I thought it was very well done.

Sunday was my actual birthday. I'd finally splurged and gotten a few ingredients from the Asian store to made Thai curry and some spring rolls (which are actually Vietnamese.) They were both delicious. I still think of Tanisha every time I make her recipes, because they are so awesome.

James and I have a calling. We taught the 12-year-olds for the last two weeks, but there was only one student each time. They asked us to teach the 16-18-year-olds instead. Yikes! That wasn't very long ago!

messing around with effects of Picasa

from Table Rock

feeling huge!
39 weeks today. There's no telling when this boy will show up. I feel like it will be "soon", but who knows what that actually means? Mom comes Friday, so I'm in no hurry before then. We have enough food in the house to feed an army, and everything is clean. Bring it on.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! :) and good luck with the 16-18 yr olds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Happy birthday! :) I so had not even realized we were actually that far in the year yet. Yikes!

    2. YOU ARE TOTALLY NOT HUGE. AND THAT PICTURE IS ADORABLE!!! I only hope I look that cute if/when I am ever pregnant!

    3. I am just waiting around for my blender to really die so that I can get myself a Ninja blender! I've heard great things. And really they aren't that expensive!

    ReplyDelete