Thursday, January 17, 2013

ZERO

I thought I'd never live in a place colder than Rexburg.

I was wrong.

Vernal has been colder than Rexburg almost all winter. Luckily, we don't have wind! My dad likes to follow the weather. Instead of comparing Vernal to Rexburg, he's been comparing it to Barrow, AK, and we've been colder than them some days. Ouch.

I dream of living in the South again. I will always be a Southern girl at heart. For now, I will keep the heat running (though not too hot, because I'm still a cheapskate with electric bills, and electric heat doesn't run cheap) and buy my grits off the very top shelf at the grocery store. I still dream about owning a house with a wraparound porch and a yard with weeping willows and wisteria.

On another note, my sister Mara just got accepted to BYU-I! I had no idea that I'd be starting a family trend (really, just following in Mom's footsteps). Mara will be the 4th Phenix to go there. What can I say? It's the best school ever, and I made the right choice when I picked it over BYU 6 years ago.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, really? I thought it was warmer there! PG is balmy compared to Rexburg, though we've been having some record lows lately - but still not as bad as the Burg! I used to compare Rexburg to Alaska and Rexburg would often be colder... ugh. It was depressing!

    ReplyDelete