Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2 Trips

Does this mean that I have lots of photo?

Not necessarily. I apologize. An iPhone camera can only do so much, and it often has no battery due to a certain little boy who loves to play Angry Birds.

Thursday, Dec. 20th, was a great (though cold) day for a wedding. We traveled to Salt Lake to see Emily and Rodolfo tie the knot. It was a short, but tiring trip. I got to eat at Tucano's for the first time, and it was delicious. I'm not used to that much meat, so I felt kind of sick afterward, but oh well. We had a good time with family, saw the lights on Temple Square, took Joseph on a train ride, and went to Ikea and the Church History museum. I enjoyed seeing Joseph play in the children's section upstairs. He had a great time. I was pretty impressed with Ikea and their good prices. We got an end table for only 7 bucks, and I picked up a few things for my kitchen that I've been missing (like, a measuring cup that will hold more than 1 cup!)

We relaxed for a couple of days and celebrated Christmas. I got lots of good stuff, but what I'm most excited about is my meat grinder/pasta maker! I've already looked up recipes for 25 kinds of sausage that I want to try. I can't wait. It's going to save a lot of money, and I'm excited to make my own sausage so I can tailor it to our taste. It's a hand crank, but it's not hard to use at all. James's main present was a network streaming thingy for the TV so we can watch YouTube/Netflix on our TV, and Joseph got spoiled with some awesome toys from D.I. (cars, tracks, and the works.) Kenny didn't get much, but he doesn't need anything and doesn't care! :)

We headed to NC on Christmas day. It could've been a better day. After a huge amount of stress and fussy children, plus a missed flight (and almost another), we made it to NC only 30 minutes late, somehow WITH our baggage! It was truly a miracle. It was a horrible day, but I think God was really looking our for us.

We had a good, relaxing week in NC. I did a few projects here and there as Christmas presents for my family, but mostly I relaxed. Grandma and Grandpa came to visit, so it was really nice to see them. We went to Golden Corral one night with them and stuffed our faces. James and I went on a date to Red Robin, which has really good burgers, and the whole family went to get hot Krispy Kreme donuts on New Year's. James was impressed, as he should be, because fresh KK's are the best donuts in the world, hands down. Maybe I should (or not) learn to make them at home. That could be bad!

We arrived home late last night (New Year's Day). The drive was okay, but at least the flights were good. I wish my family lived closer! Still, it's great that we can drive 350 miles to Denver and save hundreds of dollars compared to SLC or Vernal, which cost about the same.

It still feels like the end of 2012 since I took down our Christmas decorations today and threw the tree out. I almost broke my vacuum trying to clean everything up, but I finally got it all done.

Aunt Mara loves her nephews

Kenny!

Christmas morning: setting up Joseph's tracks

I've been through Colorado to a place called "No Name"

Carmel, Mara, Joseph, Lars @ KidsTown in Apex


Dad's favorite toy

success! both boys asleep
It's great to be home. The maintenance man fixed our breaker so we can do laundry and cook at the same time now, not to mention heating more than one room at a time! It's 2 degrees but a gorgeous day, and I couldn't be happier to welcome 2013. I'll do a recap of 2012 once I get it all typed. Oops. I completely forgot to even look at my to-do list while in NC, but that's what vacation is for, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment