Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Vacation Part 3: Reunion

I decided to take some time alone on the morning of the 4th, so I skipped out on most of the parade. I was glad I did. It gave me a chance to feel like a normal person again.

We packed up our stuff and headed to Albion, ID, for the annual Head reunion. We got there fairly late but got to see everyone and eat dinner.

I didn't do much on Friday except hang out, because I had a terrible night of sleep. That's just life when I share a room with my kids. I took a nap and tried to regain some energy, but I didn't feel too well all day. James went to a basketball tournament after dinner, so I put the kids to bed and was kind of bored. Oh well.

Saturday I went shopping with Melodie to get lunch for everyone. I definitely took a nap - for 2 hours! while everyone was out swimming or in the hot tub. After dinner there were karaoke and a talent show. I played a couple of games of Mafia with the cousins. I'm not good at it because I can't lie very well, but I suppose that's a good trait to have.

Sunday we packed up and went to part of Sacrament meeting in Albion. Then, we drove home! It was a wonderful feeling to get back to Vernal.

I spent yesterday working much too hard for having a cold, but it was necessary to do laundry and buy food, because our fridge was completely bare. I went to bed totally wiped out but still didn't sleep great since I feel like I can't breathe too well. However, I am on the mend and taking it easy today. We found out the we will probably close next week on our house. I can't wait! We had to do some more paperwork yesterday (since we were supposed to close then) but I think it's a blessing in disguise since I have no motivation to pack anything. I'm okay with that, because I know it can be done in 2-3 days if necessary. This will be our 5th move in 4 years, and I sure hope it's the last for a while. I would love to live in one place for more than a year since that hasn't happened yet.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to living in one place for more than a year. We'll move into a town home at the end of this month that should be our home for the next 5 years. God bless with all of that and glad to hear that you're on the mend as well.

    ReplyDelete