Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Vacation Part 2: Anniversary

Though our anniversary was technically on the 3rd, we started celebrating on the 1st by going to see Star Trek in the Rexburg theater. We liked it a lot. We played some arcade games afterward, and I won at all of them. That never happens in board games at home, so it made me feel pretty good.

We went out for a romantic dinner at Olive Garden, then on a walk around the river in Idaho Falls. After dessert, we spent our first night ever away from the kids at a cheap hotel. It was great to get a good night's sleep in air conditioning turned up all the way. We ate a yummy breakfast at Denny's in the morning and then continued the quest at a couple of thrift stores for some shirts for me. Still no luck, but it was fun to look around all the same. We got home in time for lunch (though we weren't hungry). I missed the boys, and it appears that Kenny really missed me. He cried when I walked in the door and wouldn't let me out of his sight until he went down for his nap. I guess he's still Mama's boy. :)

We were going to take the boys to the zoo, but it was closed, so we went to dinner instead. We then visited my Aunt Pat. It was really great to see her and my cousins.

The boys went fishing on Wednesday, which made a delicious dinner of fish and grits. I prepped the turtle popcorn (a snack for the reunion) and made a trip to Winco with Melodie. James and I went on a double date with Sam and Jesse to Millhollow and the Spori to see artwork. By the way, I'm an aunt! Sam and Jesse's little girl Charlotte is so cute, and Joseph is already claiming that she is HIS cousin, so no one else gets to share her. He's a funny boy, and I think he will be very protective of his little sister. Kenny just tried to hit her (not in a mean way) and said, "Baby! Baby!" He's still a  baby himself, so I don't blame him.

Being away from the boys for a day made me realize that I'm still exhausted all the time. Summertime is not my favorite while being pregnant, so I'll be glad for some cool weather again!

1 comment: