Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Vacation Part 1: Rexburg

We've been home now for two days from our epic trip, and all I can say is that I'm relieved! 10 days is a long time to be gone from home, and I tend to stress out a lot during travel. I doubt that will ever change, because I don't sleep well, eat well, or get to stick to any kind of routine. I'm also around a lot of people constantly, which really drains the life out of me. I'm an introvert; can you tell? I thrive on being alone for a few hours a day. Due to the length of this trip, I have returned home with a cold.

It was a pretty good trip as trips go. We left on Friday, the 28th, around 7 a.m. and stopped in Pleasant Grove, UT, to visit one of my dearest friends. The visit was much too short, as they always are, but I got to meet Cindy's sweet baby, Kate, who was born on my birthday!

We stopped for lunch and took the boys to the Hill AFB museum. They loved it. I was pretty tired by then because of it being so darn hot, so I sat and took a rest while the boys looked around. We got to Rexburg in time for dinner and then went out for ice cream with James's parents.

Saturday I lazed around (after an awful night of sleep) while James went paintballing. Since it was so miserably hot, I went on a quest for maternity shirts that don't require a second layer but still look good on me. No luck whatsoever.

Sunday we had family over for brunch because Jacob gave his farewell talk in church. He's doing a service mission in the temple, among other things. Family came over for dinner as well, and it was great to see my brother, Christian.

I have some pictures that I'll have to add later. We left the camera in Rexburg! Boo.

1 comment:

  1. At least you know where the camera is. From my experiences you might try a "nursing top". They seem to focus on giving coverage and looking nice regardless of ones ballooning or deflating size. Funny how differently vacations affect people. I always eat better on vacation and sleeping well isn't usually an issue as long as I just go to bed on time. God speed your recovery!

    ReplyDelete