Thursday, October 10, 2013

This Week

I can't help but be grateful for good health. I mentioned a few weeks ago that my boys had both gotten bad diaper rashes - the worst I've ever seen! After those were better, they both got colds. Joseph has since recovered, but James and Kenny sound like they're coughing out their lungs. Kenny thew up in his crib some time last night. Poor little guy! James has thrown up a few times this week, but only in the evenings. I'm pretty sure it's all related to the cold/intense coughing. (He's gone through almost a whole bag of cough drops!)

So yeah...I can't complain much, because I'm the only one who hasn't gotten sick. (Knock on wood.) I don't know how that's possible, because I know I've been more than exposed to the germs. James is pretty wiped out by the time he gets home from work, so we both have spent a lot of time lying on the couch while entertaining the kids. My energy level keeps going down, but I know it happened when I was pregnant with Kenny. I didn't do a whole lot that last month except lounge around, so I'm definitely at that point. I feel terrible for my boys. Kenny has been really whiny, and both he and James wake up coughing pretty hard during the night. :( I hope everyone is well by the time the baby's born, because I definitely don't want her to get sick! I wish someone would just cure the common cold.

My dad is coming to visit today and tomorrow since he had meetings in Salt Lake this week. I'm glad he gets to come. We're just going to hang out, and he's going to fix the ice maker on the fridge and tune up my washing machine. Hopefully I will have some energy tomorrow because I also have a baby shower. A lady in my ward is doing it for me. I wasn't expecting one at all, so I'm definitely going to end up with a ton of stuff for the baby. (Remember how I went yard saling at the beginning of summer? Yep.) I'm looking forward to meeting and hanging out with the ladies in the ward. I've been way too tired to attempt going to play group. I feel a little bad, but I also haven't remembered to ask James to arrange a ride to work so I can have the car. Buckling two kids into car seats and in warm clothes and shoes takes forever! And that is why I go grocery shopping alone on Saturday mornings. :)

I'm going to make it. My doctor was funny when he said that he thought I'd be early. I'll believe it when I see it. I told him my doubts, since I've never had an early baby, and he said, "Well, it's the look on your face." My reply was, "What: the look of being tired of being pregnant?" and he just laughed. The nurse said she thinks that baby has dropped, but I don't think that means much either. I carry a little lower each time, which just means that my belly pokes out further and I get less heartburn - a huge blessing after Joseph, because he was brutal to my ribs as well. I never have any signs of labor coming until it actually starts, and then I have a whole day to wait before the baby is born. Never fear, I will keep everyone updated when it happens. I suspect I will be at home for the greater part of labor, just like last time, and that it will still be close to 24 hours. I'm okay with that. I think this body just likes being pregnant and doesn't want it to end. I, on the other hand, am ready! I want to meet this girl!

1 comment: