Thursday, October 17, 2013

Week 39

My fatigue grows and so does my grouchiness. I never remember being this tired until I reach this point, but it overwhelms me every time. Each day I do a little less to try to conserve my energy, but I still come up short. Lots of things put me on edge more than usual: phone calls, whining, cleaning, sleeping.

I know you have all been there, and if you haven't, you don't want to be hearing about it from me. :)

I'm officially due Saturday or Sunday (depending on if you go by LMP or U/S). I've had the most typical of signs that labor is near, but knowing that doesn't mean much. I've never yet had an early baby, so I'm not expecting to wake up in labor tomorrow. All I know is to expect that it will all take a long time again, around 24 hours of labor, and that some part of it is going to hurt a lot even if I get drugs. Everyone's story is different. My body just likes to hold on to these babies for as long as possible, I guess. It doesn't give them up easily.

I'm not writing again until my dear daughter is born. I promise I won't be away from technology for very long. I'm not one to keep secrets and wait to announce the birth of my child. Until then, I will be sleeping through as much of these grouchy days as possible. James doesn't have school for the rest of the week and Mom arrives tomorrow night - hurrah!


2 comments:

  1. God bless you and here's to praying for a record time SHORT labor and delivery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to admit, I'm pretty jealous of people whose labors get shorter by half. I will be happy if it's not longer than the other two!

      Delete