Thursday, March 27, 2014

Happenings

To make a long story short,

We fixed our car. It's totally awesome to have a car that starts. Every. Time.

We took a trip to Salt Lake to see James's family. It was pretty fun. We left last Friday morning and got back Saturday night in time for Stake Conference. While there, we did lunch on Temple Square, rode the train to the mall, and went to the zoo. I made a Winco stop on the way home. It made me feel a little better that food prices are going up everywhere, but still I really wish I lived near one for the bulk section. I picked up some nutritional yeast, since it's a weird thing that I don't think I'll find in Vernal.

I have been feeling great. I can feel the effects of my splurging over the past few days, but it was my birthday! I enjoyed sushi, chocolate cake, and extreme moose tracks ice cream. I'm glad I don't eat those things on daily basis anymore. I feel a lot better without them! I've been losing about 2 lbs. a week as well, which is awesome. Usually the weight is super slow to leave. I am really close to my first goal of losing all the "Katie weight". Only 2 lbs. to go! After that, I'd like to lose 10 more, which will get me to my marriage weight. We'll see how far I can get while I'm still nursing.

My birthday was fun. The kids all graciously took naps at the same time, so I had time to finish a book. James gave me some books, a canner and canning jars, and nice knives. We watched my new movie, too: The Hobbit! (Part 2). Holy cow, those movies are long. And cliffhangers. :(

I've been researching about gardening, so I need to get a move on if I want to plant anything. I want to do a lasagna garden. If it works, then maybe I'll write about it later. It will involve lots of recycling stuff from our house, which I think is awesome. It takes us 2-3 weeks to fill up our big trash can, and this will cut down on trash even more, and it will put it to good use!

Now, pictures.

Joseph on Mars

Atlas

on the moon with Grandma


Atlas, female version

nursing party with Jesse

the boys in the eagle's nest at the zoo

Katie at 5 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment