Thursday, May 15, 2014

New Growth

Spring has always been one of my favorite times of year. Part of that is due to how much I dislike winter. That's always been the case, even when I lived in Florida and did't have much of a winter.

My garden utterly failed last year. It didn't help that a snot-nosed kid dumped out the buckets, forcing me to start over. I was faithful at watering them every day and keeping them in the sun, but everything mysteriously died during the hot weeks of July. That experience has left me a little pessimistic about my gardening skills, even though this year is the first time I'll have a real one in a patch of ground that I own. (Now, if only I lived in a place where it actually rained!)

I should just forget about last year's failure. That was last year. Now is the time to start anew. Here's to a good harvest! I'm hoping for enough stuff to start canning. James has been awesome. He deconstructed pallets to make raised beds for the garden, and part of my Mother's Day present was to get them set up. I'm hoping the combo of dirt, manure, and potting soil will work well. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment