Thursday, March 26, 2015

Wedding & Birthday

I had a really stressful time getting ready for our trip on Saturday, but it all worked out well. We left around 9:30 and met up with James's family in Heber for lunch. We then got a few groceries and headed up to the cabin.

It was a fun few days despite us all having colds. The kids coughed a lot the first night and kept me awake, but I slept a lot better by the third night. We only went to sacrament meeting on Sunday because of our goopy-nosed kids. That, and I was exhausted from the night before, so I took a nap.

We had fun cooking on Saturday night for the family. James made fries, and I brought along some chili. I made a few breakfasts too. Being in the kitchen is something I absolutely love, and cooking for other people is so much fun!

We played games together a few times. Cranium is the family favorite, and for good reason. It's always hilarious to play it all together.

Monday, I went shopping with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law for our birthdays. I didn't find a ton of stuff because I hate wearing long sleeves/sweaters, but I did get one shirt, a new purse, and a bread box, plus some nice socks for James. James took me to dinner on Monday night. We got a giant order of sushi to share and then went to another place for a little cup of gelato. Both were delicious. Dinner without the kids happens once every few months, so it was a treat.

Tuesday was Kitch's wedding at the Mt. Timp temple. I didn't actually see the wedding. James and I watched 11 kids. It was a little stressful, but overall it was a gorgeous day. We took pictures and went to the dinner at Olive Garden. I had my first try to eggplant parm (minus the cheese), and it was very yummy. We went to Cabela's afterward, then the reception, and then finally drove home and arrived around 11:30. The kids were completely worn out and slept well.

Yesterday was my birthday! James made me breakfast and I opened presents. Then, I took a long bath while watching some TV before taking Joseph to sign up for kindergarten. We had lunch, relaxed some more, and I made my cake. My visiting teachers surprised me with dinner at Ichiban (Asian place), which was delicious. We had a great time.

I did a little shopping with birthday money at Ross and got another shirt and some exercise pants. I still have a little more money which I'll save for D.I. We finished the evening with some chocolate-orange cake and catching up on some TV shows. All in all, it was a great birthday, possibly my best yet! One of my favorite things is hearing my little boys sing to me. I'm excited to read all the books I got and use my new kitchen things which will be coming soon (a new griddle and nice chef knife.) Now, time to plan Kenny's birthday and Easter, which fall on the same day this year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment