Thursday, April 14, 2016

Finished!

It certainly feels good to finish a project. I've actually completed a few classic books this week while working on a latch hook rug for my bathroom, which I also finished. (Many classics I start, but do not finish. More on that later.)

Latch hook rugs really are the perfect, mindless craft to do while doing something else, like watching TV or listening to a book. It's really nice to have replaced the old rug I bought in college that used to be pink but is now white from many washings.

My "detox" is going well. I have lost 5 lbs. already, which puts me 3 away from my goal. Sometimes I wonder what my weight really could be if I stuck to healthy eating longer, but I always get complacent around 145 and don't really try. If I got to 135, I would have 22% body fat. We'll see. I'm going to take it one pound at a time. I live by numbers and rules so strictly that my BMI has always bothered me even though my BFP is in normal range. James hasn't minded eating different meals. I prep mine in advance and make him whatever he wants, so it's kind of a win-win.

I think I forgot to mention my project for Knowledge that I finished a month ago. I wanted to learn more about meditation and massage techniques. I learned that I really hate giving massages, but I love to meditate. Sometimes I overreact to things, and meditating helps me deal with those intense feelings and feel more grounded. I learned a lot about different types of mediation and chose a few I liked to use on a regular basis. Even 5 minutes a day really helps. I like to meditate after I pray but before I read my scriptures.

It was wonderful to go to the temple on Tuesday. I'd had a long day, so James took the kids to the park and lake with pizza. I cleaned the house, ate dinner, and just barely made it to the temple in time. I wasn't feeling 100%, mostly just tired, but I'm glad I went. I will never finish all these family name cards, but I'm doing my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment