Thursday, April 7, 2016

Mom's Visit, Pt. 2, Conference

Fri.: Normal morning. Mom went to Bountiful Baskets with me. We met up with James and the kids at Golden Corral for dinner. Then, Mom and I went shopping at Walmart for groceries.

Sat.: Conference. James pumped out the crawl space. I worked on my rug while occasionally taking notes. :) I finished the rug right after the afternoon session was over. Mom and I read to the kids and gave them a bath while James listened to Priesthood session of Conference.

Sun.: Also Conference.

Mon.: Drove Mom to SLC after dropping Joseph off at the bus stop.  James had gone shopping for Kenny's birthday (one day early), so we came home to cupcakes and presents. Kenny was so excited.

The rest of the week has been pretty relaxed. I started another latch hook rug. It will have a rainbow pattern on it. I really like how the first one looks and feels. It's in the little bathroom.

I started a "detox". It is not anything crazy, mostly a specific plan to eat lots of veggies and easily digestible foods, drink lots of water, and not overeat as I have been since the holidays.The hardest part about is eliminating salt for a few weeks. It's all in an effort to reset my taste buds and get rid of the bloating, as well as a few pounds. I don't have a lot to lose, maybe 6-7 lbs. tops, but I have been really lazy the past few months. Now that I'm not depressed by winter anymore, it's time to shed my feelings that I ate over the past few months. (I've lost these few lbs. before, but I regained them because of my S.A.D.) This will bring me back to my pre-babies weight where I was last summer. :)

I am on day 4 now and feel awesome! I've already lost 3 lbs. Only 5 more to reach my goal, and I'm sure I will be able to in the next few weeks.

I have thought a lot about where my weight should be. I do fall in the "healthy obese" category by BMI but actually have a healthy body fat percentage if I weigh somewhere between 140 and 150. (That gives me a BFP of 25-30%). If I were athletic and starving, I could weigh anywhere from 125-140. That is probably never going to happen, but I'm okay with that. I have nothing to complain about, really, because I can wear clothes that I wore in high school...not that I have many that have lasted that long! This whole discussion is for another post when I feel ready. Soon. I definitely have more to say on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment