Thursday, April 21, 2016

Life as Usual

Stuff I worked on this week: another latch hook rug (red) for my kitchen, sorting through kids's clothes that I brought up from the crawl space for the ward D.I. drive, listening to more audiobooks while I did these two things

The weather has been cool and rainy. I'm not a fan. I want it to be warm again. It's too warm for the big, puffy blanket but too cold for the one we have now. James is fine, but I feel like I'm freezing. I did finally get used to not wearing slippers and socks. My feet felt really weird for the first few days.

Sunday, I slammed my thumb in the door as I was getting the kids out of the car for Church. It hurt a lot, and I was fighting back tears during Sacrament meeting. My friend Claire brought me some ice in bag from the kitchen, which helped a lot. Later at home, James took a drill bit and poked a hole in my fingernail to relieve the pressure. OUCH. However, I regained full use of my thumb within 24 hours. It barely aches now. It's crazy to think how painful it was just a few days ago.

On an unrelated note, I think if you can successfully crack a coconut and remove all the meat,  you can do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment