Thursday, November 10, 2016

Sick Week

Friday morning was crazy because I had to retake my glucose test and take Katie to the doctor. I passed narrowly, but it took a lot of stress off my mind. I was even able to take a nap after lunch, which made my afternoon so much better.  After dinner, James hung out with the boys while I took Katie out for a mother/daughter date. I had her pick out some clothes using her birthday money from Grandma. She picked an Elsa shirt/leggings set and a bag of cheese puffs.

Last Saturday was supposed to be all nice and relaxing, but Kenny threw up so we didn't go anywhere or do anything. I did go play the piano for a baptism. It was very touching. He even started crying.

James kept the kids home from church. Primary was kid of tough because I didn't have much of a voice and they were crazy. I made it, though. No one else ended up getting sick, so that was nice. Kenny told me that he prayed that Jesus would help him feel better. I guess it worked!

I've been working on crafty stuff this week too. Last week I finished 8 drawstring bags to be used as reusable gift bags at Christmas. I even made my own cords from braided scraps of fabric. The bags were from scraps I had after making 5 baby blankets of various sizes (receiving, swaddle). I have enough material for 5 more, but 3 of them need additional materials (batting, backs) since they are crib size, 1 won't work on my klunky machine because it's stretchy, and the last one I can't do anyway because I need a new bobbin case. The screw won't stay tightened in mine anymore, which means the tension is way off and the stitching turns out really loopy. (I am a little annoyed with my machine, needless to say!) After the blankets and bags, I used those even smaller scraps to make almost 30 hairbows and several bracelets. I was able to use a lot of the fun buttons Melodie gave me on the bracelets. They will be gifts for my daughter, nieces, and hopefully one or two future nieces. All I have left to do it glue clips to the back. I only got 1 blister from the whole process, so I'd call it a success. I am also officially out of scraps. That makes me feel pretty good.

The epic saga of registering the car continues. James got one part fixed, but the other was wrong, so he ordered the right one. Hopefully I can return the incorrect part, because it was almost 40 bucks. The website wasn't working, so I'm going to have to call. My favorite. (Not.) Hopefully by this weekend we can get it inspected and registered! At least the geography stuff got sent in, so that isn't bothering me anymore. And, we both voted! I was surprised by the outcome of the election.

We had preschool and visiting teaching yesterday, both of which went well. I have another piano lesson today (I assume) and my second self-reliance class on personal finance. I have really enjoyed the class so far. It's fun to get out of the house and talk to some adults. I'm glad for the spiritual aspect of it all. It's something I need to work on more.

One awesome thing: I've been saving up for a nice blender since January this year, and I finally made my goal! I ordered my Blendtec last night. It's been really tough not to have a blender, so I am really excited. I need some green smoothies in my life. A food processor just doesn't do the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment