Thursday, November 17, 2016

Relief

My piano student officially changed her lessons to Fridays. I thought for a while that she wanted to quit, but I'm glad she is continuing.

We finally got the car registered! The part ended up being less than 10 bucks, not almost 40, which was great. All those little things that were bugging me have now been taken care of and I can focus my attention on more important things.

We had stake conference on Saturday and Sunday. I will admit, spiritual-wise, this year has been a really tough one for me. I blame it mostly on the pregnancy. I've had such a hard time doing anything outside of going to church, praying (which I am bad at at night), and reading the scriptures. My temple attendance has been terrible - maybe once a month. That is pretty lame since I live 12 minutes away. I wasn't super excited about going to the adult meeting because it was Saturday night and I just wanted to watch TV. I am glad I went. One of the messages that stood out to me was on looking for joy in everyday life. I am really trying to be happy. I just don't like always having to make the effort, especially at this time of year. I dread the holidays a lot.

I have finally figured out that eating 3 meals a day is my best bet. That goes against what all pregnancy advice says, but it works for me. It's how I normally eat anyway, my meals are just a little bigger than they would be non-pregnant or nursing. When I was eating snacks, my blood sugar would always go up again and I'd feel terrible for several hours afterward. It's better for me to eat healthy meals and deal with the spike only 3 times. After breakfast I do all my housework and exercise, so the spike is brought down by that. After lunch, I take a nap, and after dinner, I'm usually tired anyway. I still need to work on not eating after dinner, but I feel so emotional then that I just don't deal with it very well.

They lied when they said I'd worry less about subsequent pregnancies. I feel like I worry just as much as the first time -  maybe even more sometimes. It doesn't help that I am already an anxious person about things I can't control. I get freaked out about minor things, and I know it's unreasonable, but I can't seem to help it.

We've had a good week, not much to report event-wise, just the same self-reliance class today, preschool yesterday, and general housework. I did a couple of hours of cleaning out on Monday, so that felt good.

My strategy for the holidays (or really, the rest of the pregnancy) is to stay busy. My goal is to completely use up my craft supplies, including ones I'll be getting from James's grandma when we're visiting. On the list are several more gift bags, baby blankets, a latch hook rug, and a king-size denim quilt. I'm also going to test and try a few new recipes (and tweak a few old ones) which will actually be possible when I have my blender. Setting up for Lewis will be a breeze, so that almost doesn't make the list of things to do, and I don't want to do it too early and get too anxious about him being born, since I'm counting on him being a few days late like my last two.

We just barely got our first snow today, about a month later than normal. If it's due to climate change, then I say bring it on. It's always a sad day when I have to start wearing socks inside. (Keeping the house at 68 is required for me not to feel like I'm dying.)

It's going to be a great 10-11 weeks. I am starting to get geared up for Christmas. Getting credit card rewards is one of the smartest things we've ever done, because it pretty much pays for Christmas. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment