Thursday, December 1, 2016

Thanksgiving, D.C.

I've been a little grouchy. Mid-November is really when the lack of sunlight starts getting to me and I feel a little crazy. I know I complain about this every year, but it continues to be a challenge every year. (In other words, it really sucks.)

My blender came in the mail on Friday! I don't have a lot of things to blend in it right now except for bananas, so we've had a few pretty awesome banana smoothies. I plan on getting back into green smoothies as soon as we get back from Thanksgiving and I go shopping. I can't wait. I drank lots of them when I was pregnant with Kenny (at least 2-3 a week for the last 3 months of pregnancy) and felt really good. That was definitely my healthiest pregnancy. I wish this one could have gone better, but I've realized there is only so much I can do for my mental/emotional state. That part gets harder every time. I really don't think I can do more than one more pregnancy without reaching suicidal. First, I have to make it through this one, though!

James was gone a lot on Saturday, so I got really bored and grumpy. I've realized over and over that boredom really kills me emotionally. It's better for me to work a little too hard and end up tired at the end of the day instead of sitting around and trying to conserve my energy. That never seems to work anyway. When I'm bored, I eat more and have to deal with the blood sugar spikes. (Not a great feeling to have.)

Sunday was okay. I only had 5 kids in class, which is pretty much a record low.

Monday and Tuesday were prep days for the trip, lots of laundry and packing. It went all right.

We picked up Nash in Provo on Wednesday and got to Rexburg in time for dinner. All the cooking was pretty much done, so I didn't end up helping with any. I was okay with that, because I was really tired.

Thanksgiving Day was great. I cut up a bunch of pants both before and after the meal/my nap. Carmel helped, or there's now way I would have finished. I have enough squares now for 2 king-sized quilts! That's crazy. The meal was wonderful, including all the normal dishes. I am very thankful to be alive, in good health, and to have such a great family.

Friday, I did a little shopping with Carmel. She was my navigator. I found 3 nursing bras for 60 bucks at Target (even after tax) and stocked up on some spices and things at Winco. I took another nap after lunch. We then went to the Lee grandparents' house for dinner.

Saturday, Melodie, Anna, and I attended a baby shower for Emily, Kortni, and me. It was a lot of fun. We had brunch and exchanged beads that we thought described each other. The games were fun too. We headed up to Driggs (Victor) for the rest of the day. It was nice and relaxing, but we did get home late and my kids and I were all grumpy.

We left Sunday morning, stopping only for sacrament, to drop off Nash, and for a small snack + gas. It was great to arrive home in time to unpack and eat dinner before talking to my family.

Monday, I caught up (including shopping, even though I was exhausted by that point) and decorated our house for Christmas. It's so nice to have a fake tree that we just have to pull out of the shed. The kids really had fun decorating it. I rearranged the ornaments after they went to bed.

Tuesday was a normal day. So was Wednesday. I hosted preschool this week.

James left Wednesday night for D.C. He will be back on Sunday. We miss him already, but I am less stressed about his trip than I was a few weeks ago. I've been in full-on crafty mode, cutting and pinning things since my sewing machine doesn't work. James told me he bought me one for Christmas, so it should arrive next week. I will have a lot of things ready to go by then. Hopefully, I don't run out of prep work before then and get really bored.

Today is self-reliance class again, the 5th one (6th overall). I am facilitating because the leader will be gone. It should be great.

Life is good. I feel a lot better this week than I did last week. I suppose healthy eating, exercise, and working on something that makes me feel useful really helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment