Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Projects, Reflux

Dad and Nash arrived safely Thursday night. It was not a good night of sleep for me. Nash decided to dismantle James's gun and bang on the table till about 4 a.m. I got barely any sleep.

I had Dad fix a couple of small things while he was here. He installed new handles on the small bathroom sink, fixed the leaky tub faucet that wouldn't turn on, and reinstalled the panel on the front of the dishwasher. It's pretty great not to have to turn off the bathroom sink after the kids use it. The lever-shaped handles are much easier for them to use than the round, plastic ones.

I felt really terrible Friday night. I'd had a lot of treats (Cheetos, chocolate, etc.) and pushed my normal heartburn to the next level. I ended up eating barely anything for dinner and sent James to the store for the stronger heartburn medication. I'm glad I could recognize the terrible tightness/squeezing in my chest. It's like what I had after Katie was born, though not as severe because I recognized it this time. The medicine finally kicked in by 5 a.m. I needed it for 3 days, but I haven't needed anything for the past 3. People who say eating habits don't matter are just wrong! They really help, even with the pregnancy heartburn, which does have a lot to do with the baby pushing everything up.

Saturday we went to D.I. and then Golden Corral for dinner. James took Nash shooting in the afternoon. I'm so glad I was feeling better.

Sunday was pretty normal. I really struggled with my class because there were 8 there, and one of them was the kid with severe (and unmedicated) ADHD. I think we got about 5 minutes of spiritual stuff in the 45, but at least that's better than nothing. I do not deal well with the rowdy kids. It's one thing when kids are fidgety. I get that. This one will not keep his hands to himself or listen to anything I say. It makes me want to pull my hair out. Church is during when I normally eat lunch and take a nap, so that really doesn't help matters. Dad and Nash left early afternoon, so I spent some time over the next day putting things back together.

Monday and Wednesday we delivered goodies to the neighbors. I usually end up with a hodgepodge of things based on what I have in my cupboard. I did a combination of curry powder/coconut milk/recipe for curry bags, brownies, peanut butter cookies, and pumpkin bread. I finally got around to listening to my Christmas playlist this week too and read some Christmas books from the library. I've been keeping busy with my first queen-sized denim quilt since I finished all my small projects last week. I'm all set to finish the quilt by Tuesday, make the latch hook rug during Christmas break, and then finish the last queen quilt during January. It is really fun to see it all coming together. I can't wait to donate a big pile of stuff to charity.

We still keep receiving gifts that we don't feel we deserve. Mosquito abatement bosses came by and brought a huge turkey and a 3 lb. box of chocolates. I plan on cooking the turkey tomorrow for dinner because there is no room in the freezer for it! (First world problem, definitely.) Myles, Mara, Carmel, and Nash will be here tomorrow night on their way back to NC for Christmas. I hope sometime we can go for Christmas, but this year wouldn't have worked out anyway. I'd be flying back at 36 weeks pregnant, which I don't think airlines like very much.

We had preschool today and visited James at school for a little while during the fundraiser, during which no one has to take school seriously. It was fun even though Katie had a huge meltdown right before we left home. She still refuses to wear pants, boots, or coats. Actually, she has been pretty horrible to me this whole week, and I'm not sure why. I hope it's just a phase. My pregnant emotions don't handle being called stupid by my 3-year-old, even though I know it isn't true.

It's been a good week. A few inches of snow are making it seem more like Christmas. I'm glad I have enough to keep me busy. It really helps me take my mind off of being tired and helps me feel less grumpy because I know I'm accomplishing something good. Maybe I will sew for charitable causes every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment