Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Tired

Myles, Mara, Carmel, and Nash arrived safely in Vernal last Thursday at 11ish. We had fun staying up late and eating junk food. I wish they could have stayed another day, but they had to leave the next morning to make the long drive to NC. I finished my first queen-sized denim quilt! My plan for the break is to make the latch hook rug and then do the last queen quilt when I get back from Rexburg. Then, I should still have 2 plus weeks to prepare for the baby.

James and I went to the faculty Christmas party on Friday night. It was really fun. We enjoyed a yummy meal and participated in the white elephant gift exchange. Two people got to take home live chickens!

Nash did stay until Saturday night. That was a bit of a fiasco. He had apparently missed an exam and somehow didn't know he needed to stay in Provo. There were no buses available (and there is only one from Vernal to SLC a day anyway), so James had to drive him Saturday night and come back Sunday morning. That meant I had to sleep alone and worry about icy roads, transfer the car seats to the crappy Corolla, and shovel the snow before church so we could be on time. That was not fun. James's phone also died, so I had no contact with him until he showed up at church about 20 minutes late. I was so worried that I started crying. Thankfully I was able to pull myself together. They told me it was my last week in Primary. Hurray! It was a crazy day; 8 kids all bouncing off the walls, and the super rowdy one even left early.

We did have a good Saturday. The teachers' union gave us a ticket to see Moana for free. I really enjoyed it. I think it's the first time James and I have ever been to a movie with our kids. (It doesn't help that Vernal doesn't have a cheap theater.) The kids did remarkably well. We got a few errands done after that and then James took Nash shooting while I napped. They went to try to get Nash on the bus, but no luck there since it got cancelled.

This week has been good, but a little boring so far. I am ahead on lots of chores and things. We plan on opening presents tomorrow. It will also be prep day for the trip since we leave Thursday. I also have a doctor's appointment and self-reliance class. I always worry that I'm going to forget something for the trip, but that really doesn't happen. Still, it is a source of anxiety for at least a few days before (and on the drive there too.)

I am so tired of being tired. It's always something keeping me awake: heartburn, restless legs, having to use the bathroom, aches and pains, weird dreams, insomnia, too warm...
Going to bed at night just isn't the break from life that I need. Some nights it feels like I see every hour on the clock. Thank goodness for naps. I can't wait to be done being pregnant. Having a newborn is so much more restful that being kicked from the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment