Thursday, December 8, 2016

Events

James returned safely from D.C. around midnight on Sunday. I actually had a decent time while he was gone. I kept myself busy with cutting and pinning all the crafts that I've been working on. On Saturday, I purchased a few supplies to be able to finish the crafts and took the kids out for lunch at McDonald's. They loved it, of course. I made the mistake of sitting on the floor to tie baby blankets. My back really paid for it for several days afterward. I could barely sleep due to sciatic nerve pain. Thankfully that is better since I now have a cold the deal with.

Sunday was the worst day of him being gone because I didn't work on any crafts but also started feeling pretty lonely. Everything well pretty well though, all things considered. I talked to the families like always and even worked on our Christmas card. I have yet to print it because the printer ran out of ink and then I bought the wrong cartridge. Hopefully I'll get to it this weekend!

This week has been decently good despite my being sick. We watched the Christmas devotional for FHE and had muddy buddies (family tradition). Last night (Wed.) was the ward Christmas party. We ended up with tons of good leftover from it. Someone also dropped off a box of food and goodies on our doorstep on Tuesday night. The kids were so excited to unpack it and put everything away. Someone loves us!

My new sewing machine came Tuesday! It is so much better than the old, clunky one I've been using for 5 years. I have sewn together most of the small things (like baby blankets and bags) and hope to finish them today. That leaves me a latch hook rug and 2 queen-sized denim quilts to make, which should take up lots of time until the baby is born.

Self-reliance class again today. I'm still really enjoying them. Facilitating went well last week. Nash and Dad are coming to visit tonight through Saturday, so that should be fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment