Thursday, November 3, 2016

Procrastination Week

It's been an all right week, but a few things have been bothering me: our still-unregistered car that needs parts to pass inspection, James's unsubmitted geography endorsement application that was due in October, and the fact that I failed my first glucose test when I have been really good about not eating Halloween candy. I did come home from it and eat my first pieces of chocolate. Hey, I was sad. I get to (have to) retake it tomorrow, but I think I will pass since I'll have been fasting all night. If not, I'm going to be pretty upset.

I was so exhausted last Friday that James took the kids the to library Halloween activity and came back with pizza so I could attempt to get some rest. It was wonderful. I was able to inventory and put away all the craft stuff I got from Melodie without too many interruptions. He went to see Evan McMullin in town hall after dinner.

Saturday was Super Saturday. I took soup and hung out but didn't do any craft. I was fine with just hanging out after a really busy week. I took a nap while James and Devin went hunting. After dinner, we went to the Jensen pumpkin festival - our third year in a row, so you could say it's a tradition now. I always love seeing the different displays. There are fun activities for the kids too.

Sunday I had ten kids in my class again. They asked me if I needed help, but I said I would manage. They also asked me again if I wanted to be released when I have the baby, and I said yes. I have been in Primary going on 3 years in February (around the time they'll release me, I assume), so I feel like I've done my duty. I still end up subbing for piano at least once a month too. Having a newborn and trying to teach a big class just won't work when I am nursing. I pulled that off in the past because James was my co-teacher, but since he is ward clerk, that isn't going to happen.

Monday we had our ward trunk or treat and soup for dinner. It was a lot of fun. I was too tired to think about taking the kids anywhere else to trick or treat. They were happy with the candy they got. Thank goodness it's gone now too.

This week hasn't been too bad. I've just been stressing about things I can't control (see above). I know they will all resolve soon, but I still worry a lot that they won't. My OB appointment was okay aside from failing the glucose test. I'm not measuring so big anymore. (6 cm big before, now only 3)

I have my second self-reliance class today. The first one went really great last week. I decided to join a group on personal finance. There is always room for improvement, and I am looking forward to getting a more spiritual outlook on it as well. As for Friday (tomorrow), I think I'm going to start digging into the craft supplies. I can't help myself. Unfinished projects call my name loudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment