Thursday, October 27, 2016

Fall Break Pt. 2, Canning

Friday was a pretty fun day. James and I went on a date to Da Pineapple Grill, a restaurant that's been around forever in Rexburg but I'd never been to. We had a yummy lunch! Then we walked around campus to look at the art and got a few groceries for Melodie. I helped make cookies and two kinds of dips for Aunt Ruth's party. We were slightly late to the party, but it was really fun and everyone looked great all dressed up. The theme was Day of the Dead. I ate too much, but it was delicious.

Saturday, James worked with his dad all day in Twin Falls. Melodie was gone in the morning, so I just did laundry and cleaned a little. I've realized that doing laundry while on a trip is a good thing. It means less for when I get home, and I still haven't done any this week. Grandma and Grandpa Lee came over for dinner, so it was fun to see them. We then went to a little play called October Witches. It was a little over the kids' heads, but I enjoyed it.

Church was really good on Sunday. We got candy in both Sunday School and R.S. Anyone who brings candy is my friend. The lessons were inspiring as well. My siblings came over for dinner and Katie's birthday celebration. Katie loved her dinner, presents, and cake. It was especially cute when she opened her doll and hugged the box. We talked briefly to Mom and Dad, but it was really loud and the home teachers came soon after. I can't believe that little girl is 3!

Monday we packed up and left. It took a long time to get home due to making stops on the way: McDonald's with a playland for lunch, Smith & Edward's, and then Provo to see Nash. We went to the Bean Museum and then had dinner at the Creamery, which was really yummy. We finally got home at 9:30 and crashed.

Tuesday was catch-up day, mostly putting things away from the trip, going through papers, paying bills, and grocery shopping. We also went to tithing settlement.

Wednesday I worked on canning and dehydrating the 80 lbs. of apples that Melodie sent home with me. We had preschool at Jill's, my visiting teachers came, and I had a 3-D ultrasound. Dinner was also long to make (egg rolls) rather than simple, but I took the time because I love them so much. I crashed at bedtime, but it was worth it.

Today I finished canning the apples and dehydrated more. I got 17 quarts of applesauce and so far 10 trays of dried. I'll do another 10 of dried. I also have a drawer full of the best ones for eating. They are Honeycrisp apples, so they are delicious! I was also able to use up my garden tomatoes to make a few quarts of salsa. I got all that done by 1:00, so not too late for a decent nap, which brings me to right now.

A self-reliance class starts tonight, so I'm going to go and see if it looks like something I want to do. It lasts for 12 weeks, so that will help me get out of the house once a week up until I'm about to deliver a baby. I've realized that it's good for me to stay busy, because when I sit around, I realize how tired I feel, but the actual sitting doesn't make me feel any better, just sluggish.

It really was nice to get another look at this little guy's face. He kept putting his hand in front of his face, but I think he looks like Kenny. We'll see. Can't wait to meet him!

No comments:

Post a Comment