Thursday, April 13, 2017

Blessings and Visits and Trips, Oh My!

My siblings came last Friday night to visit. We had lots of fun on Saturday shooting, preparing tons of food for Sunday, and hanging out. Sunday, we blessed Lewis. Along with Myles, Nash, Mara, and Kyle (Myles's roomie), James's mom, brother Joseph, and sister Anna came. Lewis was blessed to be a calming spirit in our home, as well as a peacemaker. Those were very happy words to hear. I already know that about him. His cute little smiles make everyone happy, and he is still the world's easiest baby. Last night, he slept for 10 hours straight!

We had a great dinner Sunday night with the family and one of James's friends. We had chili, cornbread, salad, and chocolate cake. There was the perfect amount for some leftovers, but not too much.

I haven't seen James much this week. He had parent/teacher conferences Monday and mosquito abatement Tues. and Wed. I used the extra time to work on my digitizing project and rake up all the grass in the yard. We've had gorgeous weather, and Lewis even cooperated enough so I could get it all done. The yard looks a lot better now that the thatch is gone and it has started turning green.

Today is packing day. It hasn't been great. Katie's had two tantrums, Lewis has been fussy and taking super short naps, and the two older kids have been fighting a lot. It's driving me crazy. I've finally almost finished now that it's afternoon. They're begging for a snack and whining, but I insisted on at least finishing the blog first. What is it about writing that's so therapeutic?

No comments:

Post a Comment