Thursday, May 18, 2017

Heads and Cousins Visit

Last Thursday, the Heads came into town for work and a visit. We went to dinner at Tacos El Gordo and then got dessert at Wendy's. Then, we swam in the pool at the hotel. I just hung out and made sure Lewis was happy. It was pretty late when we got home, but I think the kids had a lot of fun.

Friday was pretty normal. My cousin Peder, his wife Lora, and another couple came to visit. We had a great time eating dinner and hanging out. We all went to bed early because they had to be up early for the race.

I saw the end of the race (the Dino Half Marathon). Everyone was super tired, but not very hungry. (I guess that makes sense, but not being a runner, I never would have thought of not being hungry after 13 miles. In fact, unless I am deathly ill, I never lose my appetite!) After the Heads had lunch, they returned home. Everyone else rested and then left around 3. We didn't do anything the rest of the day, really, except finish our rearranging project. James bought a rug for the new dining room, which is sort of a corner of the living room. (It was made to be a dining room; we've just never used it as such. It's bigger than the area in the kitchen, so we can fit a bigger table when we find one. We are outgrowing our current table that only fits 6 - and not too comfortably.) For Mother's Day, we watched a movie and had junk food.

I had a really great Sunday. James made me breakfast burritos and didn't have meetings in the morning. We had to be to church a little early. I got a new calling as assistant librarian. I never saw that coming, but I think it will be nice and relaxing. The first thing I did was download Chrome. I haven't used Internet Explorer in over 10 years.

This week has been busy. We returned the dishwasher we'd bought (a used one) and got a new one. James spent Tuesday night installing it and... it works! I am overjoyed to have a dishwasher again. The whole house is a lot cleaner when the dishes don't take an hour out of my day. I'm still working hard on digitizing my old journals and letters. I hope to do some paint touch up, but I'm going to wait till I'm done with the digitizing. One big project at a time. With the leftover paint, we will probably paint the pirate ship. Since we have the primary colors, it could be almost any color...or more than one!

As for today, it will be a long one. I won't see James at all until almost 10 tonight. I really can't complain, though. If he gets all the required hours, he gets a bonus at the end of the season. So far, so good, and there's a new Anne of Green Gables series to watch on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment