Thursday, August 24, 2017

School

We didn't do anything of note last Saturday, just got some chores done around the house and yard. We are never going to finish weeding the garden.

Sunday, James went to the mission homecoming of his cousin in Spanish Fork, so I just had Katie and Lewis all day. It was weird, but that's how my afternoons are going to be once Kenny goes to school.

We watched the eclipse. It was okay. I didn't realize that 92% is not nearly as spectacular as 100%, but oh well. Maybe we will still be in Vernal in 2045 when we get a total eclipse here. I'll be a grandma by then. That's a strange thought.

We went to the dentist on Tues. for cleanings and have to go back on Friday for Kenny to get some fillings. There are 2 more appointments after that between now and September, but then hopefully we'll be off the hook for a while. Going to the dentist with the kids makes me feel like a real adult. Haha. We also picked green beans from a lady in the ward. I chopped, washed, and froze all of them, about 6 lbs.

James started his 6th year of teaching and 3rd at the high school. Joseph is now in 2nd grade, and Kenny starts Kindergarten next Wednesday. We took him for testing yesterday.

I've been crafting a lot. I made two maxi skirts, one for me and one for Katie. I'm going to give it to her for her birthday. The cool thing is that they are made from recycled T-shirts/camis. Hers is pink and mine is blue. Mine is from all camis that I dyed. It is super comfy. I made it large enough that it will be able to function as maternity clothes in the future.

Staying busy with all these crafts has really helped me pass the time while James is at work and work. Tonight I won't see him till 9 p.m. or so, but I have plenty to keep me occupied. I won't even have time to feel lonely.


No comments:

Post a Comment