Thursday, September 14, 2017

Heads Visit

We've had a lot of visitors this summer. Can you tell?

James's family arrived Wed. night. We just hung out for a bit. The kids were already in bed.

Thursday, I took the kids to the hotel to swim in the pool while Joseph was at school. They had a really great time. We relaxed during the afternoon and then enjoyed a meal together, then played a game of Balderdash. James won. I never play board games with him because I always lose. I know that sounds silly, but it's really not fun to play games when I never EVER win.

Friday, we went to the Harry Potter after-school library activity. The kids got to do a couple crafts and a scavenger hunt. We then hurried home, ate dinner, and then I took the boys to Tayson's birthday party (inc. Uncle Joseph). They had a really great time, and so did I because I got to hang out with some of the moms there. We got home late for bedtime, but that was okay.

Everyone left Saturday morning, including James, because he still hadn't finished getting his mosquito abatement hours. I worked on sewing during the day. Too bad the whole time we had visitors, I felt grouchy and tired due to PMS. Stupid PMS. All in all, though, it ended up being an okay Saturday even though we didn't see James all day.

Sunday we had a regional broadcast, so we were home by noon from church. That made for a very weird and long afternoon. I'm going to have to adjust to that again next year.

We haven't done anything of note this week, just D.I. and the library. James is going to do mosquito abatement Sat., so we've been able to hang out with him during the afternoons.

I've been working on getting the material cut into patterns that Melodie gave me from her mom. I actually found patterns for baby dolls at D.I., only 50 cents! 4 of the 6 views had all the pieces. I ended up having the exact amount of material I needed for those and a couple of actual baby clothes. I'm hoping to finish some of those for Katie's birthday. She can't say she doesn't have enough doll stuff!

1 comment:

  1. You and James need to play cooperative games. Our favorites are Pandemic and Castle panic. They are games you play together to beat the game. They are really fun.

    ReplyDelete